Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend in the Rain

Well, we went to Mount Manganui anyway, even after we tried to tell Sherry numerous times to postpone our trip. I think for some reason she thought rain here would be like rain in Utah, and let me just tell you it's not.

The rain started on Friday around 11:00am. And when I say started, I mean a downpour came and persisted until Sunday morning. There were no light periods of rain, just hard showers of rain in a downpour.

Beautiful Lily Pond I found in a park

My Pineapple Fritter I was told to try while I was here

Eating my YUMMY pineapple fritter



Walking in the ridiculous downpour, looking pathetic. I'm sad this picture doesn't actually capture how terrible it really was. We had to hold our umbrellas at the top that way because of how harsh the rain (WIND) was.

My "really? This is our excursion we PAID for? Really?" Look

Letting loose on the beach. I quite like this picture actually.

We saw a whale!! It was fantastic! I was quite sad though, because I brought my good camera, but the SD card I bought for it wasn't compatible, so I couldn't get any pictures on it for the day.

Ending the day with Hokey Pokey ice cream.

To end my weekend, I moved out of my accommodation I was staying at. I moved in with the Uni student and his lovely family. They have been absolutely wonderful, and Amy even packed me a lunch this morning for school. I'm starting to feel the comfort and bliss that is supposed to be New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment