Saturday, March 12, 2011

Waitakaruru Sculpture Park

As you all know, our trip to Mount Monganui was cancelled because of Tsunami warnings issued for most of the coastal regions of New Zealand. So instead, we went to the Frankton Market (a local street market) and then to the sculpture park.

I have a new obsession with lilies and lily ponds.... Poor Lilly. (my niece)

A weirdish Garden Gnome.

Do you notice something strange about this photo?

Lily Pond. with a cool frog fountain thing...
Desert Scene. I actually quite liked this section. Maybe because it reminded me of home.
I Really liked this. I know weird.




"Afternoon Tea" Clever title.



I never would have thought to make a chair out of bricks.


Pieces of my life.
*for those of you who get that reference, BONUS POINTS!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tiki Men carved out of SOLID wood. As in those are heavy suckers, and not hollowed out.

Kinda reminds me of Night at the Museum


Cool tree. I know, descriptive.








B- E- A- Utiful scenery. Almost looks fake, I mean look at those clouds!


Me. Sporting my new watch. Proving this scenery is real and not digitally enhanced in any way shape or form.



"Observing Nature"


Oey! look at the detail. Fabulous.

Finishing off our 2K (not long at all) hike in the heat with a Ginger Beer. I was promised it would taste even better than ginger ale. My impression: Definately different than Ginger Ale. Kind of a buttery taste to it. Made me think of Harry Potter and Butter Beer.

1 comment:

  1. We had Ginger Beer in Australia and it was my most favorite thing ever!

    I love all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete