Thursday, March 17, 2011

My day was Made

I started today off, a little less enthusiastic than any other. I dragged myself out the door, and dragged myself up the walkway to the school.

As I have alluded to previously, I have been paired with the best cooperating teachers ever, and they are extremely understanding and helpful.

My English cooperating teacher and I often just sit and chat (not always a good thing) and she knew about what happened yesterday, and just reassured me that all was well and that I am a good teacher (because I have been teaching her classes for a week or so now) and to not lose hope or face.

Anyway, I told Crystal (my cooperating teacher) it got better, because I finally called my mom last night for the first time since I've been here. As always when I have a bad day my mom told me to get a Dr. Pepper and some Mike and Ikes. Well, I haven't seen either one of those things, and that made me miss home a little, which is what I explained to Crystal. But I didn't think much of it, and told her I'll be fine after a while.

Well, a few minutes ago, Crystal came up to me and said, I have a present for you. I was a little confused and said "oh?" and she presented me with this:



I was so grateful. It was such a sweet gesture and it really, literally made my day. It made me want to cry, (happy tears this time).

I think I'm okay staying in New Zealand a few more weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment