Friday, June 1, 2012

Farewell to Moab

By the time Friday rolled around, we were pretty tired, and the weather had turned for the worse.  I tried making breakfast, but because of the wind I couldn’t keep the stove lit.  It was cold, and I didn’t have any really warm clothes except my jacket (which I think I learned my lesson, because it was snowing when we got to Durango.) 

I did want to do one more short hike though, so after packing up camp, we went to Arches one last time.

SAM_4905

I also realized we needed a park entrance photo, because we hadn’t taken one yet.  Chris wasn’t in the mood of asking other people to take our picture, so he just snapped a couple of just me before moving on.

SAM_4908

We also stopped for a photo op of the balancing rock.

I really wanted Chris to go to the Sand Dune Arch with me.  It’s crazy cool, and I thought we would really enjoy it.  Well, because of the wind, let’s just say neither one of us enjoyed it, at all.  So no pictures, and then we left to come home to Yuma.

I loved our Spring Break.  It was such a nice break from Yuma and from school and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment