Sunday, June 3, 2012

The biggest Adventure

As some as you may already know at the end of our trip to Moab, Christopher proposed!

Image 38

Now, you’re probably wondering the story, and if you aren’t then too bad, I’m going to tell you anyway!

We had just gotten back from Moab, and were unloading the car.  I was carrying the cooler when I came inside and Chris was, I guess you could say, waiting for me.

He asked me to come sit with him, and then expressed how much he loved me, and how he wanted to spend the rest of forever with me.  He told me how much I mean to him and how he couldn’t imagine a future without me.

I was a little surprised at the timing, and he then told me originally he was going to put the ring in a plastic egg in my Easter basket, but because of his changed schedule he wasn’t going to have Easter off to spend with me.

It’s weird to think how everything a year ago was leading me here, right here to Yuma.  I didn’t know why, but everything just fell into place for me to come here.  And two years ago, the same thing happened to Christopher.  He and I never wanted to end up in a place like Yuma, nor did we ever feel like we were coming here permanently, but I guess God had His hands in things, creating a way for us to meet, because that is the only way to describe our relationship and our circumstance.

I met Chris on a blind date.  I don’t know how many of you knew that.  But it was weird.  I felt comfortable around him after such a short time.  I was giddy every time I thought about him.  I wanted to spend time with him, like all my free time with him.  After only a few dates, I felt like I had known him for a really long time, that our connection was much deeper than two people who had just met.

And now, seven months later, we are set to get married in two short months in August.

Image 8#2

I am so happy to have found someone as wonderful as Christopher. I love him so much and am so amazed at his patience with me every day. I don’t know how he does it, but I’m glad he does.

SAM_4947

No comments:

Post a Comment