Thursday, June 28, 2012

Actively

The fire is still actively burning… 300 homes (at least.)

For the past few days I’ve initiated the “Taco Bell Diet” after my last post.  I walk to Taco Bell and back when I decide I get hungry.  I measured it in my car and it’s 2 miles round trip.  I know it isn’t much, but it’s me getting out of the house and moving my body, and that’s what I need.  Ever since school got out, I have been having a hard time getting out and doing something.  As much as I hate to say it, I was an itsy bitsy bit depressed for a few reasons, plus I’ve been overwhelmed and stressed out about the wedding, and getting everything ready to go and not live in Yuma for the summer, and live out of a suitcase and going back and forth between towns. 

Anyway, when I got to Colorado Springs I thought I’d be able to get out and go hiking in Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak and Waldo Canyon.  But considering:

SAM_4996

All of the mountain is closed off and unavailable for me to venture out to.

Anyway, so I’ve been having my daily walks, which has been nice and actually really good for me. 

Today I went for a run.  It was hard.  I have been at an elevation level about 4000 feet lower than Colorado Springs, plus the air is probably still not the greatest, and let’s face it, I’m hella outa shape.  But I ran 1 mile today.  That seems like such a small number, especially considering my senior year of high school I was running 5 mile races, and could easily run 10 miles without having a hard time.

But I ran a mile.  That’s better than nothing.  I’m lapping all the people on the couch, which was me, last week.  So I’m winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment