Monday, June 4, 2012

One Year Down

I have to say I am SOOO grateful that the end of school has come! It was my first year teaching, and my first year out of school, and it was a HARD year!

I know everyone says that your first year of teaching is the hardest, but I think my situation was a bit unique.

I think I mentioned that the first few months everyone kept asking me not to leave, don’t leave during the school year, they have teachers leave in the middle of the school year all the time. That was a little disconcerting.

I got here in August and my administration started just before me, so our school district was starting with ALL new administration. After a month into the school year, our principal resigned. From there it just got harder, for reasons I just can’t even explain.

It was a little comforting that the seasoned teachers all had a really tough year as well, and they were just as ready as I was for the summer to be here.

I have to say, my first year of teaching was definitely an adventure, one that I didn’t always enjoy, but I saw it through to the end, and sometimes it wasn’t easy, in fact, it was NEVER easy, but I did it.

I have always wanted to be a teacher, and I do love teaching, but this year carried many challenges with it. Hopefully next year will be better, but right now, I’m enjoying my summer, thinking that the school year is going to come too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment