Thursday, May 31, 2012

Canyonlands

SAM_4899

Cayonlands was kind of like Moab.  I have seen signs for it so many times, have heard of how cool it is, but have never actually been there. 

After the fiery furnace and our Double O Arch day, we were pretty exhausted and sore.  We took the “primitive trail” at the Double O to get back to the car, and we regretted it soon after. 

We drove over to Canyonlands, and I have to say, the rumors were true: it’s gorgeous!

SAM_4820

SAM_4823SAM_4824

SAM_4827

 

 

 

This is my all-time FAVOURITE picture of me and Chris.  I love everything about it.

 

 

 

SAM_4831SAM_4830SAM_4836

Oh, this boy!  He was afraid to go to the edge to look down.  I’m not really sure why.

SAM_4841

I’m not really sure why, but I LOVE this picture of Chris.  His face cracks me up every time I look at it!

SAM_4840SAM_4842SAM_4859SAM_4863

We did venture out on a few shorter hikes.  This was Whale Rock Trail, although we never did figure out exactly which rock was Whale Rock.

SAM_4870

I’m superwoman!

SAM_4882SAM_4885SAM_4888SAM_4890

I’m really glad we went to Canyonlands.  Hopefully we can go back again in the {near} future with a little more time.  We didn’t really get to explore/hike much in Canyonlands due to time constraints and weather, (the wind was AWFUL.)  But alas, it was still beautiful, wonderful, and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment