Saturday, January 12, 2013

Written

So I really am terrible at keeping a journal. It's weird really, I love to write, and I do it all the time. But when it comes to keeping a daily journal, it doesn't happen. What's even worse, I am more likely to write {personal} things on this blog than I am to write it in my journal. I've even tried buying cutesy journals in hopes that it would entice me to want to write because they are adorned with flowers or sayings or beautiful pictures. Usually, I only get one or two pages filled in before they become another neglected "thing" of my past.

I think it's because I was raised with computers. Everything I've ever written from the time I was in the second grade was to be typed. Sure we did some handwriting activities, etc. but even our simple journal entries were to be typed. The short stories I write {for school} are usually handwritten, but beyond that, I have to type anything I write. It's almost a curse really, because there are things I want to document, but I don't feel the Internet, and especially Facebook, is the place for me to record and share those feelings. That being said, I also know me, and know that unless I record these things that are happening and the feelings I experience, I won't remember them.

So as much as I hate it and don't want to be one of those wives who document everything on their blogs, I feel it has come to that time in my life that I need to do so. Really, after looking at it, there are more pros than cons, so I just need to suck it up and start documenting my life. I know it's not ideal, but I have found several websites that you can utilize and put your blog posts into a "year" book. So I can still have the tangible evidence of writing things down, even if it's not in my own, scribbled hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment