Monday, January 7, 2013

Resolutions

About a week ago, while Chris and I were laying in bed, we wrote out a list.

We made a Tiffany list, a Christopher list and an Us list.

We created a good list. Some of these things included start our garden, clean up the chicken coop, clean up the yard, try a new recipe/week, stick to our budget, have a designated date night. This is not comprehensive, obviously, but these are a few things that we are really wanting to accomplish this year

One of the items on the Tiffany list was to complete a craft a month. With my two weeks off, I was able to complete one of my crafts on my list of things to do.

I am not really a photograph as I go kind of person, mostly because I'm a huge! procrastinator, and if I stop in the middle, I may not get it done.

I bought 6 boards (1x6) and a can of stain about 2 months ago. Does that tell you anything? Anywho, with my few days off, I got my boards sanded and stained. I decided at the last minute to bring more green into our bedroom (our comforter has green in it, and our main color is a cream color with brown trim/accents). I took a pillow case to match the green and also bought a stencil.

I did manage to snap a picture before screwing it together. But, post-staining.



I love how deep-rich the color turned out.



I was a little nervous about doing the stencil, but I think it turned out pretty great. It did smear a little bit, but considering that Chris and I are the only ones that see it up close, I'm not too worried about it, and it still looks great!



Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment