Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We’ve Decided on Forever {Part 2}

 

The morning of my wedding, I was calm.  Everyone kept telling me that I was going to get jitters, or cold feet, and I never did.  I knew that marrying Chris was the right thing to do, and with getting too religious or preachy, I had an assurance that Chris was the man I was supposed to marry.

 

I met my brothers in San Luis for a delicious breakfast, then Kim and I went to target, lunch and then to the salon to get our hair done.

kimhairkimhair2kimhair3

Gorgeous Girl!

tiffhairtiffhair2tiffhair3tiffhair4

I’m getting married in an hour! Yikes!

So we were running a little late from the hair appointment.  It always happens to me because they don’t realize how THICK my hair is.  So we were rushing to get back to the house so we could get dressed and get ready and so I could take portraits with the photographer.

I drank a butt-load of water that day so I was DYING on the way to the house.  We got to the ranch about 30-45 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start.  I was in so much pain of “holding it” that when I rushed into the bathroom past Chris’s parents I didn’t quite pick up on something was wrong.  Angi, bless her heart had been taking finals the week before the wedding, and with all the guests and people coming, she had looked stressed out all week.

When I got out of the bathroom, Angi grabbed me and said, “I need to talk to you.”

My first instinct was that Chris had decided against marrying me and that the wedding was off.  I almost started crying right then!  I asked “is it good or bad?”

She then shook her head and held back tears.  I knew Chris was leaving me!  I was devastated.  I didn’t even want to hear what she had to say after that.  So when she said “Ace” I was a little confused.

She explained that Ace had been run over, it was an accident, and that they thought he was dead.  They took him to the vet, and he was currently doing “okay” but they weren’t sure if he was going to make it.

Considering only moments before I thought my husband to be was leaving me, I took the news quite well.

Kimmie and my mom joined me shortly after, and we decided to go ahead and get dressed.  Everything after that moment is kind of a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment