Sunday, November 4, 2012

Getting There.

pups

I took our two pups with me to California, which made for an interesting (and LONG) trip. 

pups3

We stopped in Utah for an extra day because I had to buy a new wedding dress.  My original dress was such a disaster and a terrible experience to the point in which I was ready to just wear jeans and a t-shirt down the aisle! 

pups2

 

I took advantage of being in St. George for a day longer than planned and took the dogs for a hike.  This was after we got back to the hotel room.  They were tuckered out!

pups4

I was in California about 2 1/2 weeks prior to the wedding and ventured out one day for a trip to the beach.

Fly HATED the water and the waves, Ace just was unsure of it all.

While I was at the beach, I sustained a 3rd degree sunburn.  It was painful.  I had blisters all over my back and I couldn’t wear a bra it was so painful.  I didn’t say much to Angi or Gary, but I cried myself to sleep every single night because it hurt so bad.  I was mad at myself for getting such a bad burn before my wedding and was sad because I didn’t have anyone there who understood what I was going through.  I was grateful that my mom came earlier than she originally planned, because she understood the brutality of a sunburn and helped apply medicine.  I’m pretty sure if it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t have been able to wear my wedding dress, because it would have been too painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment