Friday, November 9, 2012

Snicklefritz

So Chris found out about an auction up in Hay Springs Nebraska.  He had been wanting a trained horse for a while now, and they happened to have quite a few for auction.
We decided it would be best for him to go ahead and get a horse because it would be a lot easier to train Easter with a well trained horse.
We drove the 4 hours one way and ended up with this little guy:
horse
This is actually the photo from the catalogue because my camera is dead and I don’t know where the charger is, and I’ve tried to do blogposts on my phone and it does NOT work.
I said “little guy” for a reason.  He is full grown (8 years old), but is only 14.3 hands.  Most horses are at least 16 hands.  I can easily get on him, while I struggle {understatement of the year} getting on Magic.
He is registered as “Snicklefritz Smoke” but for some reason I keep calling him Storm.  We’ll see what we end up calling him permanently (either Smoke or Storm)
He’s been a pretty good horse so far, so hopefully he’ll be good for what we want him for.
PS- Chris comes home today! YAY.  It’s been a long week of me feeding cows and horses and taking care of everyone and everything.  I am excited for him to finally be home.  That being said, don’t hold your breath on when my next post will be.  However, I will say this, I have been investing a lot of time this week looking at different internet options for us, so hopefully we can get something rolling soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment