Monday, November 5, 2012

We’ve Decided on Forever {Part 1}

{Well, my sweet Christopher is away for a week for work.  So I’ve decided to maybe catch up the blog a bit, by not going home straight after work and stealing WiFi from the local McDonalds.  Basically this will get me caught up on the “BIG” events for now.}

lefflerwedding2012-164

So as you know, I was in California two weeks prior to Chris’s arrival and I was done.  I was READY to go home.  I tried to convince myself that I was excited to have the wedding in California and that everything was great.  But truth be told, I was sad.  I was sad that I was surrounded by people I didn’t know for the biggest event of my life.  It didn’t really hit me until I was out in California that I really wanted to be surrounded by my family and friends. I am grateful to Chris’s family, don’t get me wrong, but the longer I was there, the more I wanted those important people in my life sharing on the biggest day of my life, and I knew they weren’t going to be there.  But I wanted Chris to be happy, and he had dreamed of having the wedding at “the ranch” since he was young, and I would do anything for him.

I am extremely grateful to Chris’s parents for having the wedding at their house and planning and paying for everything.  I wouldn’t have been able to have the wedding in California without their help; so I don’t want the above statements to make it sound like I am ungrateful because I’m not.

 

lefflerwedding2012-108Anyway… things weren’t all bad.  My brother Brent arrived on the same flight as Chris.  I was so excited that he took the time and money to fly all the way from Germany to join me on my wedding day $  That was a happy day.

 

lefflerwedding2012-111

 

 

I also had my amazing “uncle” Chad and “aunt” Christy drive all the way from Utah to be with us.

 

 

 

lefflerwedding2012-128And of course I can’t forget Kimmie, the best, most amazing, wonderful, (insert as many positive adjectives you can think of here, and we still wont have enough) maid-of-honor.  Kimmie and I have been friends since middle school, and one of the few, if not the only, I keep in contact with from High School.  She’s the greatest!

 

I am so grateful to these few who made the trip to be with me.  It means more to me than they’ll ever know.

That being said, after two weeks at the Ranch, I was ready to go home.  I was so happy to finally have people at the ranch with me, but I was missing home, and my comforts immensely.  (As you’ll remember, I moved all my stuff to Chris’s house at the end of May and then was living with Kale, going back and forth to my mom’s house.)  I probably didn’t “enjoy the day” as much as I should have.  I don’t even have pictures of anything except the ones the photographer took Crying face

Here are the cupcakes I made for the rehearsal dinner, 390779_643893485708_1767774876_n

cupcake

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and I think that’s the extent of pictures I have, and I stole these pictures from Kimmie’s facebook. 

Anyway, it took a lot longer for this, so I’ll give ya day 2 tomorrow Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment