Thursday, November 8, 2012

The NEW

It’s no secret that I was unhappy working in Yuma. There were so many things that were going on/ happened while I was there, I was not looking forward to going back. So when I got a call from Sherry Kyle from Brush Middle School I was ecstatic.

I talked it over with Chris and we agreed it would be a good move for us if I were to take the job in Brush.

That being said we still were planning on living in Yuma, and I was living with Kale at the time of the job offer. Chris took it upon himself to find us a place to live.

We agreed that Akron would be a good compromise because it’s about halfway for both of us, because Chris still works in Yuma.

While I was in California with Chris’s parents, he called me to tell me he found a house and made an offer. He sounded really excited and happy about it, so I agreed that it was probably a good move.

Well after we got back from our honeymoon (a short sweet trip down to LA- Disneyland) Chris took me out to the house we were about to close on.

On the outside it’s o.k. looking…

house

When we walked inside I started crying.  To put it nicely, this house needs A LOT of TLC.  It’s been hard to give it the attention it needs because Chris and I are both working full time and don’t typically have the same days off.  It’s been a hard first few months of marriage, but we know that it’ll all be worth it in the end.

So far, we have successfully installed a new front and back door, painted the bathroom and bedroom.

Not a huge amount nor a massive success, but it’s these little projects we do together that make it worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading all about your wedding and your new life with Chris! Your new house is adorable... even if it makes your cry! I can only imagine all of the extra challenges a fixer upper house adds to a new marriage but we both know it will all work out sooner than later.... and painting a few rooms is a great start :)

    ReplyDelete