Sunday, August 21, 2011

Simplicity

Today I sat and watched a family feeding geese on the other side of the "lake" here in Yuma. I watched as the two small children threw bread at the geese and squealed with delight as the geese gobbled up the treats being thrown.


It reminded me of New Zealand, and feeding ducks at the Hamilton Lake, which of course made me miss New Zealand and the Bruntons immensely. I wished I was with a family feeding ducks or geese while having small talk about the daily norms.

I was very at peace, which was a strange feeling. Normally, I would be sad, because of the fear that I may never be on the other side of the lake, sitting and watching my small children squeal with delight, creating small meaningful and happy memories. I didn't cry, and I was actually very at peace. I know Heavenly Father sent me here to the middle of nowhere for a reason. I know that I will get married, and I just need to continue to be the best person I can be, and continue to live in faith in order to help carry out His plans.

So while I can't feed the geese at the "lake" with my kids, I can still feed the geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment