Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Isolated

Well, I made it to Yuma, got the keys to my house, and piled my stuff in my living room.SAM_4225SAM_4227

SAM_4226

Everyone was quite impressed with how much I was able to fit into my little car…. My branch president compared me to Mary Poppins, stuff just kept coming!

SAM_4229

This was about halfway through my drive.  It’s definitely a very hard drive, I feel like there’s nothing in front of me, and nothing behind me…

SAM_4231

Hitting the county line!  Except, there’s still nothing….

I’m planning on taking a few more pictures of the town, and of my new little house once I get a little more settled.  I just feel really isolated right now.  My phone quit working last night, and will let me make “emergency calls only”.  I’m hoping this is just temporary.

Yesterday was really hard, because I thought of going and getting internet set up, but when I went “downtown” every store was closed because of the fair.  All of the city offices were closed, the library, the school district office, even the grocery store.  I had never felt so cut off and isolated.  It made it extremely tough.  I kept thinking over and over “I’m in Hillbilly Hell!” Thanks Lightning McQueen. 

Anyway, I’m adjusting, hopefully my phone issue will be resolved soon, and I can get internet hooked up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment