Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Unexpected


A year ago (minus a few days) my honey proposed to me.  He expressed his love to me, told me how he had never been as happy as I made him and he promised me love and adventure.
 
This picture was the first picture Chris and I ever took together back in February 2012. I look at this picture and smile. I knew Chris was perfect for me then, and I still know.

I love how in love I was with Chris back then, and how much my love has grown for him.  I am SO in love with this man.  He saved my life.
 
I know that his family probably thinks Chris could do a lot better than me, that Chris could have gotten someone better matched to his personality. And I would agree with them, Chris absolutely can do better than me, and probably deserves better, but for me, Chris is perfect.  He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He changed my perspective on life and marriage and family.  He gave me hope. He made me want to do more, see more, be more.
 
Our love was unexpected, but meant to be.  Everything fell into place for both of us to move to the speck of dust town of Yuma, Colorado.  Moving there, neither of us expected to find someone or fall in love. Moving there was supposed to be temporary.
 
I know that I talk about Chris a lot on this blog, but he is my life.  I think about him ALL the time.  I think about him driving to work.  I think about him at work. I think about him driving home from work.  I can't wait to go home just so I can see him.
 
 I love that he makes sure to kiss me before he leaves for work in the morning.  I love that he kisses me when he gets home from work. I love that he texts me in the morning to wake me up and to tell me that he loves me.   I love that he tells me I'm beautiful every day.  I love that he tells me every day he is lucky to have me in life. I love that he teaches me.  I love how PATIENT he is, especially with me. I love how passionate he is. I love how hard he works.  I love how much he endures. I love watching him with Tobin and Namara.
 
I know that I am honestly the luckiest girl in the world to have Chris in my life. He loves me unconditionally. Chris is my gentle giant that has the most tender heart I have ever met.  Some people questioned my decision. I never have.  As hard as some things have gotten, I have never questioned my love for Chris.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in a dream.  I wonder if this is actually my life. How is it that I could be so lucky.
 
And then I look at my honey, and none of it matters, because he is mine forever and I have no reason to question that.

1 comment: