Thursday, January 9, 2014

Once Upon A Time & Happily Ever After

When Christopher and I drove to California and back for the holidays, we had a lot of time to talk (close to 50 hours of driving in the car total.) 

In our many conversations that took place one comment took me by surprise:

"You don't like the idea of being married."

When Chris said this to me, he didn't say it with malice or hatred, but with understanding. I know that it must be difficult for him to be married to someone that doesn't enjoy it. 

I was not offended, but merely caught off guard. 

But he's right. I don't like the idea of marriage.

When I was growing up, I always envisioned my life with children, but never with a man by my side. And I always thought I was different because of my beliefs and where I lived, but when I went to university and was surrounded by people who had the same beliefs, I realized I was still different.

Most people LOVE the idea of marriage, but then once they become married, the reality is a lot harder than the idea, and then they hate everything about marriage, including the idea of it. Now I know I'm making a generalized statement and this isn't the case for everyone.

But for me, I really don't like the idea of marriage.  

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Chris, and I would never ever want to be without him. In fact, for as much as I don't like the idea of marriage, I like the idea of living without Chris even less; he really is my everything. 

And to be honest, being married to Christopher really isn't all that bad, in fact, I may actually LIKE the idea of being married to him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment