Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Simple Prayer

Chris has been coming to church with me on his weekends off (he only has every other weekend) and it has been so nice not to go alone. We always joked that he was a better Mormon than me anyway, so now he's learning that he really kind of is.

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner, and we had a lesson on prayer. We went over the essentials and the steps of prayer and wrote down things we could pray about in our lives currently. Last night was the first time Chris had ever heard me utter a prayer, and I felt really bad because I have not been a very good example to him. 

We were challenged to start having nightly prayers together, and to pray for things we need as a couple. And last night before bed, I heard Chris's first spoken prayer. It was so simple and sweet. My heart was full. I love him so much and coming closer to our Heavenly Father together is the best adventure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment