Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer through my iPhone

Considering that this happened in the first week of summer vacation:

cast1

I wasn't able to do much typing, and frankly I was kind of down and out for a while after breaking my arm.

So I figure I will just share with you through pictures what my summer has been.

We replaced these ugly light fixtures in the front of the house:

light1

With fans:

light2

I bought a jersey heifer:

jersey

(isn’t she adorable?!?)

We found out Ace HATES thunderstorms!

ace

I canned for the very first time:

canning

Our chickens started laying eggs, YAY!

eggs

We had a visit or two from these cuties:

kids

We went to the fireworks in Otis:

fireworks1  fireworks2

fireworks3  fireworks4

We celebrated two birthdays!

birthday1      

We worked on the house, a lot!

We filled in the “window”:

window1 window2

window3  window4

window5  window6

And AFTER! I am sooo happy with it:

window8       window7

We replaced light fixtures:

Before:

kitchen1  kitchen2

kitchen3 kitchen4

So much better!  We also replaced the hall lights, but alas, no iPhone pictures.

We also finished painting! (ish)

paint

I wish I had before pictures on my phone.  I only have this “after” one of our guest bedroom.  I do have before and after pictures, but it is on my big camera.

I also did a few crafts:

I made this TV stand out of a dresser a lady from work gave me.

craft           craft2

And this is a dresser I got for free from craigslist that I gave a nice face-lift.

   craft1

We also did a quick road trip in a motor home with Chris’s parents to Indiana:

indiana

indiana1indiana2indiana5

And on the trip we got to hang out with this cute girl for a few days:

indiana3

I got my cast off:

cast3

and immediately got sunburned where my cast was :/

We also found this big guy hanging out on the 4-wheeler in the barn:

snake

YIKES!

2 comments:

  1. oh yuck! I hate snakes, I would have died!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your arm. That totally sucks. On the other hand, your house looks so adorable and you seem like your doing really good. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete