Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crummy Blogger

I'm sorry I've been such a crummy blogger on my trip.


I really don't have good excuses, just I haven't done it.


What is new with me:




  • Weather here has been cold. Not snow and ice cold, but a lot chillier than anticipated. Thanks mom for making me pack warm clothes.


  • I was considered for a job at the high school I'm student teaching at. We decided that I wouldn't have immigration paperwork done in time for when they wanted me to start working. And there were a few other complications.


  • I have "contracted" a head cold. I never thought I would get a cold in New Zealand, so that's been no bueno.


  • My picture a day lasted for about 2 weeks. Now pictures are only occasionally taken.


  • New Zealand is ridiculously Americanized. I never realized how much influence America has on other countries, but basically, every other cultural background (I teach about 20 nationalities total because of my ESOL, and because of the dynamics of the school and town in general) idolizes America.


  • Everything is still made in China. I laugh a lot. In the states, almost everything is made in China, if you don't believe me, start looking at the packaging. Same in New Zealand.


  • I'm going swimming with the dolphins tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment